Yesterday, while going through my reader, I read at http://fatgirllivinglowcarb.com/ about the Versatile Blogger Nominations. She listed mydiabetesandme as one of her thirteen favorite blogs. I was truly honored as there are so many awesome blogs here at wordpress. Thank you for reading, and sharing my blog.
I follow 104 blogs on various subjects ranging from diabetes to photography and lots of stuff in between. Getting a glimpse into other people’s journeys in weight loss, health improvements, and recipes from other parts of the world, for me is better than 90% of what’s on tv. I have had the opportunity of living vicariously through some of these blogs, they give me the opportunity to see places far away, and even learn some really neat things that I might not learn otherwise. Every day I am inspired to try new things whether it’s making a new recipe, a new exercise technique, or way to feel better physically or mentally.
We have to list 7 random facts about ourself and nominate 13 of our favorite blogs to read. It’s hard to whittle the 104 that I follow down to 13, some of the blogs haven’t posted in a long time, so that will make it a little easier, but honestly all of them are my favorites and I hope the ones on hiatus start posting again soon.
7 Random things about Me, Shannon 🙂
1. I am a happily married mother of 3, and memaw to the 3 most beautiful girls in the world. (yes, my opinion is biased, I will not disagree if you also have the most beautiful grandchildren, us memaws are cool like that)
2. I don’t watch much television. Yes, I watch Teen Wolf, Game of Thrones, Dracula, DaVinci’s Demons, and The Walking Dead, but that’s it. (currently only Teen Wolf and The Walking Dead are in season, so I am only getting two hours of tv time a week)
3. I love to read. For me there is nothing like a nice book to “take me away”. Because of my love for reading, I often refuse to see movies based on books that I have read, like “Twilight”, but because of Jonathan Rhys Meyers I ended up watching “The Mortal Instruments” 🙂
4. I am a formerly morbidly obese Type 2 Diabetic, who through hard work and dedication became closer to normal, but I’m still Type 2 Diabetic.
5. I have a crossbow and a long bow that I like to take outside and shoot at hay bales for practice, in hopes of becoming a huntress of turkey and deer this year.
6. I am obsessed with Camaros, but picky in my obsession, ’67-’69, ’10-’14, nothing in between. If you happen to be driving in your camaro and hear someone say “I love you camaro”, you probably passed me, I’m just silly like that. Don’t worry, I’m not a “Klepto”, I don’t want to take them, but sometimes if they’re really sweet and shiny I take their pictures.
7. I like to dance. Mostly in my kitchen while I’m cooking. I would have never believed this a few years ago when the closest thing to dancing (for me) was playing a mean air guitar.
13 Favorite blogs in no particular order:
I have many more favorite blogs, many of the ones I didn’t list haven’t posted in a long time, and I miss reading from them.