This weekend was a triple dose of awesome. We had picked up all three grand daughters on Thursday. I was a bit nervous, Faith is still a wee (ok, she’s a heavy baby lol) baby, and the idea of diapers and bottles was a little daunting. She really surprised us by how awesome of a baby she is. She sleeps through the night and loves cheesecake…
Lovely and Diamond helped me work on my dancin’ skills “Memaw, just let the music move you, then do this, this, and then say ‘I’m Awesome!'” (kinda while jumping with hands in the air). They discovered the joy that is pickled brussels sprouts…
Saturday we had May’s Birthday party at the bowling alley. We had a lot of fun. I made a big cheesecake for the party. I doubled my chocolate chip cheesecake recipe for a 10″, but for some odd reason did not double the amount of splenda. It was still pretty tasty. No one knew, well, except me. I asked Michael why he didn’t ask me why I caved and bought a cake mix, baking it, frosting it, and bringing it to the party in addition to the cheesecake. So, he asked and I told him I screwed up the cheesecake. Anyways, the cheesecake ended up being equally consumed, so it turned out alright.
I started feeling poorly Saturday night, and awoke Sunday morning to feeling worse (congestion, cough, sneeze, chills, etc). (I think I brought home a cruddy germ from the party) I thought for a whole minute about backing out of our Mother’s Day lunch at Logan’s, but we went. We had to wait 55 minutes for some tables, but that’s the price you pay for a party of twelve. We laughed and ate and giggled. Using the whole “fight club”esque rules, we decided that it will be just us adult moms next year. (I’m sure we will forget and take the girls again next year)
Anyways, I’m still feeling poorly and will be heading back to bed shortly. I leave you today with Friend Makin’ Mondays: Questions and Answers.
1. Do you use coupons? Yes
2. How often do you weigh yourself? Every time I pass the scale. Ok, kidding, most mornings, I’m sick though and haven’t weighed since Saturday. I don’t base my success on the scale, but I like to weigh daily to make sure I’m still in my five pound weightortunity window.
3. What was your favorite TV show as a kid? Gilligan’s Island
4. How often do you drink alcohol? A glass of wine during Game of Thrones, usually on Sunday evenings. Sometimes though on Friday or Saturday I will mix a bit of apple vodka with Crystal light appletini. Anyways, usually no more than a couple of drinks a week.
5. Have you ever met a celebrity or public figure that you really admire? nope.
6. If you had to choose between only your cell phone or only your laptop all week which would you choose? This one is easy, I don’t have a lap top 🙂
7. What is your favorite brand of detergent? Gain
8. If there was a movie about your life, who would play the role? Jennifer Aniston
9. What book are you currently reading? Dexter By Design by Jeff Lindsay. I love to read and just finished Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton, (preceded by State of Fear I have to mention them because they were really good books)
10. If you could spend one day on vacation anywhere in the world, which place would you choose? Cancun, Mexico
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions. Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments at alltheweigh.com, and say hi to someone new! Happy Monday!